|Surf's Up!: Rules
for the Web
||As more and more kids get
"on-line" surfin' the net, it is important that you understand some very
important rules of the Internet:
- DO NOT give out personal information such as address, telephone
number, parents' work addresses or phone numbers, or the name and location of your school
without your parent's permission.
- Tell your parents right away if you come across any information
that makes you feel uncomfortable
- NEVER agree to get together with someone you "meet"
online without first checking with your parents. If they agree to the meeting, be sure
that it is in a public place with a parent present.
- NEVER send a picture or anything else without first checking with
- DO NOT respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make
you feel uncomfortable.: It is not your fault if you get a message like that.
- Talk with your parents and set up rules for going online. Decide the time
of day, length of time, and appropriate areas that you will visit.
-thanks to our friends at Cub Scout Pack #167- Oahu, Hawaii
for the use of their "Web Rules".
This page, and all contents, Copyright © 1998 Scouts Canada,
15th Burlington Scouting Group
Select graphics courtesy of the Web
Page last revised Monday January 23, 2012.